20090313

"Sugar, spice, and everything nice..."


These were the ingredients to create crime-fighting kindergartners? Scary. Although Professor Utonium did accidently add a certain "Chemical X..."
Remember these girls? Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup! Ah, such cuties. Every little child wanted to save Townsville and soar through the air to attack villains, especially Mojo Jojo, the monkey with the visible brain and who in fact possessed a tender heart.

I loved (and STILL love) Bubbles (the blue one)! I loved all their cute, squeaky voices, Mojo Jojo's thick Japanese accent, and the absolutely ADORABLE mayor. And what's hilarious is that certain impediments emerged since they ARE KINDERGARTNERS such as bed-wetting and allures of "the shiny stuff," which induced a universal gleam in children's eyes.

If anyone is a fan of "Pearls Before Swine," one can observe the troubles that Rat experiences to write a "passable" children's story. I believe his struggle is reminiscent of animation producers and writers today. The crime-fighting of "The Powerpuff Girls" proves useful to unveil the stark difference between right and wrong. Moreover, the villain sometimes wears the mask of a sweet, innocent person to convey that wrong is misleading, alluring, and is within all of us. Creepy.

Animation is especially effective in this regard, right? However, the potent punching, killer kicking, and barbaric boxing that ensues can sometimes create children to in fact perform these actions to those they view as a Mojo Jojo, their arch nemesis. The same problem that poor Rat incessantly confronts.
However, animation STILL provides global appeal. Proof? My 60-year-old male English teacher from my prior school once dressed up as BLOSSOM.
YOUR thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. OKAY I USED TO LOOOOVE THIS SHOW! It was one of my all time faves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My 60-year-old male English teacher from my prior school once dressed up as BLOSSOM."
    HAHAHAHHA. oh dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this.My brother and I always used to wonder why there were no beastly boys show or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww. powerpuff girlss. i remember those days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THE POWER PUFF GIRLS!!!
    sugar spice and everything nice!
    hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a three layer power puff cake for my 8th birthday, the layers were of course the appropriate colors.

    ReplyDelete