20090310

"And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids!"


Remember those days when the world seemed to end


if
you
did
not
get
that

PLUSHIE?

Yeah, I wonder how my parents put up with me back then. I mean, I can still remember a vivid trip to Great America at the age of 8.

I held the lethal hammer in my wimpy hands. And though my goal disgusted me (to hammer the bobbing heads of Scooby Doos), I knew the reward, the beautiful shining reward: the ultimate Scooby Doo plushie pictured above.

I tried and TRIED but failed. (Seriously, what do you expect from an 8-year-old?) Hoping, praying that she wouldn't let me down, I passed the mighty hammer to my mother. I'd be extra special, extra duper polite if she won.

But..dun dun dun...she didn't. And I cried, cried, AND cried. And, I know you're wondering, "Okay, why don't you talk about Scooby Doo, the show now?" But, I think this IS the crux of the show. Scooby Doo and his fellow musketeers are ALWAYS on the whiff of a mystery with Shaggy and Scooby ALWAYS missing the supposed culprit by this much. Literally, this much. Like me.

I remember falling off my chair and building anxiety by simply watching their stupidity. "No, Shaggy! Stop eating that 'mean' pizza (note that 'stupid' wasn't a part of my vocabulary...yet). HE'S RIGHT THERE."

To refresh your dusty memory since "Gossip Girl" has probably taken over, the mystery gang would always discover some phantom, some menace, penetrating the city. By placing the clues together, bit by bit, piece by piece, and after an inordinate amount of chasing (due to Scooby and Shaggy's slacking off), they would finally unveil the identity of the culprit.

I loved the show, I loved the chasing, and I loved imagining that I was one of them! Oh, the good old days. :'(

This post is getting super duper long, so I'll leave you with that...FOR NOW. More fun stuff to come!!! FOLLOW ME.

4 comments:

  1. this brings back so many memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. shilpa - this is a cute idea, & it definitely brings back memories :) can't wait to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shilpa,
    I want to read more. This is like a kick back to my own past. Amazing writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shilpa I really can't wait to read more of these...i have so many requests!!

    ReplyDelete