20090317

I...CAN'T...BREATHE!!!

I hardly can breathe, buried under a massive avalanche of homework. Not really homework per say, but preparation for massive tests! :'( That's EVEN WORSE. Sigh. Imagine what sophomores and juniors go through. Ahhh...the pain...

Usually I overhear people proudly exclaim the time they went to bed. "2:00 A.M. Beat that!" Or how some even pulled all-nighters. Well,11:59 is bad enough for me. I honestly can't fathom sleeping "today" and going to school "today." Creepy.

Sometimes I envy animation characters. And I do sincerly apologize my current inability to provide the memories and reviews I promised. (Thus, I am speaking in a general context.) But, sometimes I wish I could be a Jimmy Neutron or even better, possess "fairly odd parents."

But those are the short-cuts in life. It's that false reality that sometimes provides me irritation when watching these shows. Life isn't always that happy, is it? And the problems they do grapple with are SURREAL and hard to relate to as a teen.

After listening to a particularly interesting physics lecture today (we didn't talk about physics; we talked about the world BEYOND: college), I really felt motivated to work harder, to be the best I can ever be.

Frankly, I never really thought about college. I mean, I have...but not to such a thought-provoking degree. And it's only 3 years away. Yikes!!!! :O The way he described the way we need to work, the way he worked, I feel motivated. He told us how he spent 7 hours solving a proof! But the beauty he mentioned is solving these problems with your friends. And together, enlightening each other.

Sayonara! I've got to study.

2 comments:

  1. aww shilpa! i'm so excited for 'the world BEYOND!' hah, you make me laugh =)
    you WILL survive freshman year, and many years of school before that! it actually flies by <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i second kaytee's comment!
    and i can totally relate to that "Avalanche of work" but you'll get through it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete